Thursday Note 17th December 2015December 17th, 2015
We hope you are well as we head towards the end of this term. Our news this week is as follows
- Our Christmas plays will take place tomorrow Friday 18th Dec. The timetable is as follows 9.30a.m- Junior Infants, 10a.m. – Senior Infants,10.30a.m.- 1st Class, 10.50a.m. – 2nd Class,11.20a.m. – 3rd Class, 11.50a.m. – 4th Class, 12.10a.m. – 5th Class, 12.40a.m. – 6th Class. The Board of Management has advised that parents/guardians are permitted to take photos or videos for personal use only .However under the Data Protection Acts photos or videos of school events are not permitted to be uploaded to any website where they may be viewed by others ( e,g, Facebook). We appreciate your co-operation in this matter. We look forward to seeing you at this special event.
- The Parent’s Association will have raffle tickets on sale tomorrow during the concerts. Tickets cost €2 for one strip and 3 for €5. First prize is a gorgeous hamper filled with all kinds of seasonal goodies. Second prize is a beautiful piece of ceramic wall art. The draw will take place after the 6th class performance. We thank the Parent’s Association and the parents who generously donated prizes for the raffle.
- Our annual Carol Service will take place on Tuesday next 22nd Dec at 10a.m. in the school hall. Parents and family members are welcome to attend. Each class will sing a carol or say a poem. The choir will perform and we will also have some carols for the whole school to sing together.
- We extend our condolences to Clare Fitzsimons and her family on the death of her aunt Ann Cunningham in Kerry this week. Ar dheis Dé go rabh a h-anam dilís.
- Our frás na Seachtaine in Gaeilge this week is Nollaig Shona ( Happy Christmas). Why not get your child to say Christmas greetings to family members in Irish this year.
- Tola’s will close at 12p.m. on Tuesday next 22nd Dec for the Christmas holidays. School will re-open on Wednesday 6th January at 9a.m. for term 2. I would like to wish all pupils, parents and staff a safe, healthy and happy Christmas and we look forward to enjoying a productive 2016 together.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal