Thursday Note 5th OctoberOctober 5th, 2017
We wish you well as we start into the month of October. Our news this week is as follows
- Congratulations to Ms Lorraine Connolly and her husband Dom on the birth of their new baby daughter Charlotte on Tuesday last. We are delighted for them both and no doubt big brother Jack will be thrilled also with the new arrival. We wish them well.
- A Spooky Halloween Fancy Dress Table Quiz will take place on Wednesday 25th Oct here in the school at 6.30p.m. Tables of four ( 2 adults 2 kids/1 adult,3 kids) can enter and tables cost €20 per team. There will also be prizes for the best dressed team and maybe the best dressed teacher!!!!It promises to be a fun night for all involved. If you or a family member would like to donate a spot prize this can be left into the school office in the next few weeks. Tracey is now taking bookings for tables in the office and it will be first come first served.
- Thank you to all the pupils and teachers who wore their jerseys last Friday. A total of €193.50 was raised for school funds.
- The Parents’ Association AGM will take place this evening in the school at 7.30p.m. All parents are welcome. Why not come along, have a cup of tea or coffee and see how you can get involved with your child’s school.
- The Parent’s Association have organised a cake sale to take place next Friday 13th Oct from 1p.m. here in the school hall. Donations of cakes and buns would be gratefully received. We thank you for your support for our cake sale.
- 5th class recently completed an art project where they designed and decorated a life sized calf which is now on display in Skycourt Shopping Centre. There are a number of other calves from other schools also on display. People are asked to vote for their favourite calf by taking a photo of it and uploading it to Skycourt Shannon’s Facebook page with the hashtag #MooMasterpiece. The calf with the most votes wins a prize for the school. Please help us by asking your family and friends to vote for St. Tola’s! It would be great if you could share this photo with your Facebook friends and ask them to upload St. Tola’s entry onto the Skycourt Shannon’s Facebook page also to improve our chances of winning the prize.
- We will be holding our annual clothes recycling drive here at the school on Tuesday next 10th As we head into autumn you might like to tidy out the wardrobes and presses. Recycle items accepted are: clean clothing, household textiles, i.e. curtains, towels, soft toys, shoes, handbags, belts. The following items cannot be accepted for recycling – mobile phones, laptops, dirty or wet clothing, mats, carpets, duvets/pillows, books. You can drop bags of recycling items into the school on or before Tues morning, 10th October as the recycling company will be collecting our bags at 10.00am on that day. We are unable to accept any recycling after next Tuesday morning. Thank you for your support
- Wolfe Tones na Sionna have organised a Scor na Nog competition for 14th October. Pupils of 5th and 6th class can enter the solo singing competition. The song being sung must be of the history of Ireland, its people, places and folklore or of the history, places and folklore of the country of birth/origin of the competitor. There is also a ballad group competition or an instrumental music competition for traditional Irish music. More details from Wolfe Tones.
- Congratulations to our boys’ football team who are through to the next round of the football competition in Cumann na mBunscol. Well done to our girls who won one of their matches last Monday but who do not progress to the next round of the competition.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal