Thursday Note 12th OctoberOctober 12th, 2017
We hope you are well. Our news this week is as follows
- Our Parents’ Association have organised a cake sale here in the school tomorrow Friday from 1p.m. Donations of buns and cakes will be accepted tomorrow morning. Some cakes and buns will be held back to ensure that every class has something to buy otherwise we would have very disappointed pupils! Lots of the pupils are looking forward to the cake sale.
- Our Halloween Fancy Dress table quiz will take place on Wednesday 25th October at 6.30p.m. here in the school. Tables of 4 cost €20 and teams can consist of two adults and two children or 1 adult and 3 children. If you wish to book a table Tracey is now taking bookings in the school office.
- Thank you to all parents and staff members who contributed items to our recent clothes recycling drive. We haven’t heard yet how much we have raised but there were over 500 kg worth of clothes for recycling.
- Pupils from 4th, 5th and 6th classes have been asked to sing on a CD to raise awareness and funds for the wonderful work carried out by the Burren Chernobyl Project. As you are aware Shannon has been associated with the orphanage in Goradiche since 2000 and many local people including our own Joanne O’ Sullivan volunteer in the orphanage on a regular basis. Our choir along with the school choir of St. Conaires and local volunteers will sing the Wonder of You on the CD and the hope is that we can make this the Christmas Number One in 2017!!! The recording will take place on 24th October in Mary Immaculate Church. The video to accompany the song will also be shot on this day. This venue has been chosen for its acoustics and also it is big enough to hold two large school choirs! We wish our pupils all the best with the recording and we thank Ms. Halliday who has prepared the choir for this unique experience.
- The school has been informed that all teachers must attend in-service on 8th November on the new Primary Language Curriculum. As a result the school will be closed to pupils on that date. You may want to note this in your diaries.
- The school will be closed for mid-term break on Friday 27th Oct at 2.40p.m. and will re-open on Monday 6th November at 9a.m.
- If you change your mobile number or address please let Tracey know in the school office as soon as possible so that we can contact you in the event of an emergency. We thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal