Thursday Note 7th DecemberDecember 8th, 2017
We hope you are well this week as we head into the Christmas season. Our news this week is as follows
- All classes are busy practising for their Christmas shows this week. The stage went up in the hall and all classes are busy rehearsing every day at the moment. We will send out a note early next week with the times of each class The plays will be on for parents on Wednesday 20th December from 9.30a.m. to 1p.m. approx.
- The Parents’ Association have organised a Christmas raffle. There is a prize of a hamper for each class level and there will also be a large hamper with tickets for this on sale at the Christmas concert. Tickets will cost €2 each or 3 for €5 and will go on sale this week. Thank you to the Parents’ Association for organising the hampers. If anyone would like to donate an item to be included in the large hamper it would be gratefully received.
- The launch of the CD The Wonder of You in aid of the orphanage at Goradiche will take place tonight at Insomnia. We are asking pupils from 4th, 5th and 6th classes who are attending to be at Insomnia at 6.45p.m.. Pupils may wear a Christmas jumper or hat but please do not go out and buy one if you don’t have one already. Pupils need to be accompanied by an adult. We will be selling CDs here in the school from tomorrow and each one costs €5. The song can also be downloaded through iTunes, Google Play and CDBaby. For ease of use go to bcp.rineanna.com where you will find necessary links. Prices are set by the online services and we would ask that you leave a review/rating if buying online ( 5 please!!!) You might also post to Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and to put ChristmasNo1 as a tag and www.bcp.rineanna.com as the link to buy the song. All funds raised will go towards very needy children in the orphanage in Goradiche. It would be fantastic if with your help we made it to No1 for Christmas.
- If you wish to order Folens Christmas Annuals the order form and money must be returned by next Tuesday.
- It is the time of year for tummy bugs and other bugs. Please remind your child to wash their hands after using the bathroom. If you wish to send in a small hand sanitiser with them that is fine. We have hand sanitiser here in school also and will encourage pupils to use it after breaks.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal