Thursday Note 14th December 2017December 14th, 2017
We hope you are well as we head into our last week of term. Our news is as follows
- Congratulations to 2nd, 3rd 4th, 5th and 6th classes who won prizes recently in a competition organised by Dúchas na Sionna on Our Language, Our Culture. Well done especially to 6th class whose group project achieved first place. 6th class were commended for a very high standard of work.
- On behalf of everyone in the school community I would like to extend our condolences to Ms. Fiona Burke on the death of her uncle Willie Burke. Ar Dheis Dé go rabh a anam.
- The rehearsals are in full swing and all classes are busy learning lines, singing songs and getting ready for our performances next week. The classes will perform for the school on Tuesday 19th and for parents/guardians on Wednesday 20th. Times are as follows:
- Thank you to the parents who bought our calendars. A total of €735 was raised for the school from this. Thank you to the Parents’ Association for organising the calendars. Thank you to Mr. Quinn who took the photos of each class and to Tracey in the office for all her hard work taking orders and distributing the calendars.
- Well done to all the pupils who came along to Insomnia last Thursday night for the launch of our CD The Wonder of You in aid of Goradiche. We were all very proud of our pupils who performed the song so well and also sang Together We are One. It was great to see so many families from St. Tola’s present also! The CD is on sale in the school office and costs €5. The song can also be downloaded through iTunes, Google Play and CDBaby. For ease of use go to bcp.rineanna.com where you will find necessary links.
- 1st class finished Literacy Lift Off today. All the teachers involved have been very impressed with the pupils and how hard they have worked over the past few weeks. Well done 1st class!
- The Parents’ Association have organised a grand Christmas raffle. Tickets cost €2 per strip or 3 for €5. There is a prize of a hamper for each class and this raffle for each class will take place on Tuesday after the play performances for the school. The draw for the large hamper will take place on Wednesday after the 6th class performance. All the tickets bought for the class draws will also be included on Wednesday in the draw for the large hamper. Good luck everyone!
- Our annual carol service will take place next Friday at 10a.m. in the hall. All are welcome to attend. St. Tola’s will close at 12p.m. next Friday 22nd for our Christmas holidays. We will re-open again on Monday 8th January at 9a.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal