Thursday Note 3rd May 2018May 3rd, 2018
We hope you are well this week as we head towards our mid-term break. Our news is as follows
- Best of luck to the pupils from senior classes who are representing the school today at the Spar 5-a-side soccer competition for schools which takes place in Stonehall N.S. We have 10 boys and 10 girls representing the school.
- Tola’s will be closed for mid-term break from Monday next 7th May to Fri 11th May inclusive. It is a full day as usual tomorrow Friday 4th May with infants finishing at the normal time of 1.40p.m. and all other classes finishing at 2.40p.m. Let’s hope that the weather will be kind to us next week and that the pupils can get out and about in the fresh air.
- Well done to all the pupils in 2nd class who made their First Communion last Saturday. They did themselves, their families and the school proud. A special thank you to the parents in 3rd class and the Parents’ Association who organised and helped out at the Communion breakfast here in the school. This was a lovely occasion for the First Communion pupils and their families. The effort put into the Communion breakfast is greatly appreciated.
- 4th class pupils are receiving some coaching today from pupils in St. Patrick’s Comprehensive as part of the Leaving Certificate Applied examination. Each Leaving Cert pupil has to do a short coaching session using soccer and basketball skills. We thank the 4th class pupils who have been excellent.
- Information in relation to ordering and purchasing school tracksuits will be sent home after mid-term break with your child. Please keep an eye out in the bag for this information.
- Family Picnic Day – Bishop Fintan Monahan has invited families to join him this Sunday 6th May for a Family Picnic Day in Ennis Showgrounds. The event takes place from 2 to 6pm and admission is free. There will be limited catering at the event so families are encouraged to bring their own picnics. There will be lots of entertainment and family friendly activities to suit all ages.
- Finally I wish all pupils, parents and staff a good mid-term and look forward to the return to school on Monday 14th
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal