Thursday Note 24th May 2018May 24th, 2018
We hope you are well and enjoying the beautiful weather we have at the moment. Our news this week is as follows
- Best of luck to the girls on the camogie team today who are taking part in a blitz in Bridgetown. We wish them all the best.
- Well done to pupils in 1st and 2nd classes who played mini hurling and football games yesterday as part of a school GAA blitz. Mark O’ Donnell from Wolfe Tones and Paudie Carey from Clare GAA organised this event here in the school.
- The school calendar for the next school year 2018/19 and tracksuit order form were sent home in the schoolbags yesterday. The school calendar will also be available on the website at www.tolasns.com
- It is the time of year when you may be clearing out uniforms that no longer fit your child. If you had spare trousers or tracksuit bottoms in particular we would welcome them as we try and keep some spare uniforms here in school in case a child needs to change due to bad weather etc.
- A talk for parents and pupils in 5th class on Relationship and Sexuality Education – Growing and Changing will take place here in the school on Monday night at 7p.m. Each 5th class pupil must be accompanied by an adult to this talk.
- Shannon Gardai have organised a talk on Cyber Safety for parents of primary school pupils which will take place in the Oakwood Hotel on Wednesday 30th May at 7p.m. Outline Topics:
- Mobile Phone Addiction Tendencies – Mr David McPhilips, Community Substance Misuse Team
- Safety and Security – An Garda Siochana, Shannon
- Criminal and Legal Implications – An Garda Siochana, Shannon
This is a very important topic and one that parents need to keep up to date with. I hope that a parent/guardian from every family in the school can attend.
- St. Tola’s will be closed to pupils tomorrow Friday 25th May as the school will be used as a polling station for the referendum. We will re-open as usual on Monday next at 9a.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal