Thursday Note 31st MayMay 31st, 2018
We hope you are enjoying the current fine spell of warm weather and that it will last for the summer!! Our news this week is as follows
- Pupils may wear shorts to school while we have the fine weather. Please make sure that the shorts are appropriate for school and that your child can run around and play in them. They still need to wear their school t-shirt/shirt. It is also a good idea to send an extra drink in with your child during the fine weather as they may need more fluids at this time.
- 2nd class recently produced a lovely piece of artwork where they designed a hot air balloon using bottle tops! This artwork is currently displayed beside Dealz in Skycourt shopping centre. Voting entry forms are on the Clare Champion paper from last week, this week and next week. Please encourage family & friends to fill out the form and return to Skycourt Town Centre ‘Entry Box’ which is locate outside Dealz. Well done 2nd Class!!
- Our annual Sports for All day will take place on Wednesday 20th June (weather permitting). Parents/guardians are welcome to join us on the day. More details will follow closer to the time.
- Shannon Gardai organised a very useful talk last night in the Oakwood on Cyber Safety. As it was such a good evening attendance was low. The Gardai wanted to get the message out to all parents of primary school age that it is important for your child’s safety that they do not have access to mobile phones/tablets/online gaming in their bedrooms. All of this activity should take place in the shared areas of your house where the adults can keep an eye on what is going on. If your child has a phone you should know how to access it and keep an eye on their phone activity. The internet is a very useful and beneficial resource but the adults need to make sure that any online interactions your child is involved in are age appropriate and safe.
- You may want to note in your diary that our end of year Mass and 6th class graduation will take place on Friday 22nd June at 11a.m. here in the school hall. Parents/guardians are welcome to attend.
- 1st class took part in a science workshop yesterday where they learnt about materials and forces. Michael Brown who works with Clare Education Centre facilitated the workshop here in the school. The pupils responded really well and made some very interesting observations and discoveries. Well done 1st class!
- 4th class visited the Clare Museum in Ennis on Tuesday last. They got to examine and explore some ancient artefacts from the past including a tape recorder and original mobile phones!!! (Does this make anyone else feel old???)
- St Tolas will be closed on Monday next as it is a public holiday. Let’s hope the good weather holds on for the weekend and we can and get out and about to enjoy the sunshine. We will re-open as usual on Tuesday next.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal