Thursday Note 15th NovemberNovember 15th, 2018
We hope you are well. Our news is as follows
- Thank you to all parents/guardians who attended our parent/teacher meetings this week. It was great to see so many of you. You are welcome to meet your child’s class teacher at any stage during the year if you have a worry or concern. As teachers are busy with their class it is a good idea to make an appointment so that teacher is available to meet with you.
- 5th and 6th classes are going to St. Caimin’s secondary school today to take part in their annual science quiz. We wish them well.
- Next week all classes will be busy with STEAM projects. ( STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths). Each day classes will carry out investigations and experiments and on Friday they willl display their work in the hall so that all classes can view it. It promises to be very interesting.
- Congratultions to Eve Bowen who represented St. Tola’s in the Clare Schools Cross Country competition yesterday. Eve came 6th overall which is a fantastic achievement. Well done Eve!
- As you are aware our Variety Show to celebrate the school’s 40th anniversary will take place on 12th and 13th December. Auditions were held this week for individual pupils or small groups who wished to perform. Thank you to every pupil who auditioned. It takes great courage to get up and perform. Unfortunately we will not be able to choose everyone for the show but we greatly appreciate that so many pupils put themselves forward for auditions. Well done to you!
- The plays for Infants-2nd will take place on the Wednesday 19th December. They will take place in the morning. As soon as we have times for individual plays we will let you know.
- Sharon McGrath of ISPCC will give a talk on Keeping your Kids Safe Online in Shannon Public Library on Tuesday 27th Nov at 7p.m. Cyber bullying, gaming, sexting and more will be discussed as well as practical steps that can be taken to ensure that your kids can enjoy the internet and social media while avoiding the pitfalls. This is a free event and all are welcome. For further information contact the library on (061) 364266
- Reminder that mass for pupils making First Holy Communion takes place this Sunday 18th November at 11am in Mary Immaculate Church. Pupils must wear their school uniform and be seated by 10.45am thank you.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal