Thursday Note 29th November 2018November 29th, 2018
We hope you are well this week as we come to the end of another month. Our news this week is as follows
- Preparations are well under way for our 40th anniversary Variety Show to take place on 12th and 13th December. Tickets go on sale from tomorrow and may be purchased from the school office. Seating is limited in the hall so tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis. The cost is €10 per adult, €5 for second level students and €2.50 for primary students. We also have a grand raffle taking place on both nights with prizes to include – One for all Voucher to the value of €100, vouchers for dinner for two from Shannon Springs Hotel and the Park Inn, an Ikidz box, afternoon tea in the Inn at Dromoland and the Radisson Limerick, a beautiful pendant from Tadhg Kearney jewellers and many more. Tickets cost €3 and cards went home this week. All funds raised will go towards our yard redevelopment fund. We hope to improve and increase the yard space at the front of the school so that it can be used all year round. At present the grassy areas get waterlogged in the winter and they cannot be used for much of the year. We thank you for your support for this fundraising event.
- The plays for Junior Infants- 2nd class pupils will take place on Wednesday 19th December starting at 9.30a.m. We will have exact times for each class closer to the date. All classes are busy getting ready for their shows and doing great work.
- Our calendar is now also on sale and costs just €3 each. It features all pupils in the school and they have made a giant 40 to mark our 40th anniversary. This will make a great gift for all those hard to buy for people!!!
- 3rd class got to go on a visit to Zimmer today as part of their Junior Achievement. They got a tour of the plant, saw some of the machinery and were treated to lunch in the canteen. They also received drink bottles, pens and some treats. We thank Dermot Kelly and all at Zimmer for facilitating this visit.
- We are now accepting enrolments for the next school year. If you have a child due to start in Junior Infants in September 2019 or if you have a family member or friend who hopes to enrol their child please call into the office to pick up an enrolment application form.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal