Thursday Note 4th April 2019April 4th, 2019
We hope you are well this week as we begin the month of April. Our news this week is as follows
- We have a lovely tradition in St. Tola’s where the parents of 3rd class pupils and the Parents’ Association organise a communion breakfast for pupils and their families in 2nd class on the day of the First Communion. First Communion this year will take place on 11th May at 11a.m.. Forms went out to parents in 3rd class this week indicating how they can help out. If parents in other classes are available to help out on the day it would be greatly appreciated. If you are available please let Tracey know in the school office and she can pass on your name to the Parents Association.
- Thank you to everyone who collected Aldi stickers for us recently. We managed to fill two posters and our entry has gone in to the competition. Let’s hope we are lucky as the prize would really help us out.
- Joe Searson, Diocesan examiner visited the school today and called into every class. The pupils always love to see Joe visit. Joe spoke to the children about the Grow in Love programme. He spoke to the pupils in 2nd class and 6th class who are making First Communion and Confirmation shortly.
- The Parents Association have organised an Easter raffle which will take place on Friday 12th April. Tickets go on sale tomorrow and cost €2 for one strip or 3 for €5. They have organised a gorgeous prize for each class for the raffle. All funds raised will go towards the school.
- We will have our annual Easter Bonnet parade on Friday 12th April. Pupils may make an Easter bonnet/Easter tie from recycled materials such as cardboard, card, old ribbon, straws etc. Pupils make this at home and bring it in on Friday next to display at Cruinniu. If they do not wish to take part that is fine also.
- The pupils in 6th class making Confirmation this year will have the Ceremony of Light in Mary Immaculate Church next Monday night at 7p.m. They have been busy getting ready for this step towards Confirmation and we wish them well.
- St. Tolas will close at 12p.m. on Friday 12th April next for the Easter holidays. The school will re-open on Monday 29th April at 9a.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal