Thursday Note 11th April 2019April 11th, 2019
We hope you are well and looking forward to the Easter break. Our news is as follows
- Congratulations to the pupils in 6th class who took part in the Ceremony of Light on Monday night last. It was a moving ceremony and the pupils did very well. Well done to all pupils who did jobs on the night. Thank you to the pupils in 4th and 5th classes who made up the choir. We appreciate you giving your time to support the pupils in 6th class.
- Thank you to all the parents/guardians in 3rd class who have indicated they can help out at the Communion breakfast for 2nd class this year. If you have not returned your form we would ask you to do so tomorrow. If there are parents in other classes who can help out please let Tracey know in the office. First Communion takes place on 11th May in Mary Immaculate and the cup of tea/coffee and a small party for the children here in the school after is a lovely tradition.
- A Communion preparation Mass will take place this Sunday 14th April in Mary Immaculate Church at 11a.m. Pupils in 2nd class making their Communion need to wear their school uniform to this Mass.
- Easter camp-An Easter Camp will be on for four days over the Easter Break from Tuesday 23th to Friday 26th April here in school from 10am to 2pm each day. Forms available from office.
- Wolfe Tonnes GAA Easter Camp will be on from Tuesday 16th to Thursday 18th April from 10am to 2pm each day. Registration for this can be done on Eventbrite.ie or on the first day of camp.
- The Parents Association have organised an Easter raffle with a prize of a fabulous chocolate bunny for each class. The raffle will take place tomorrow at Cruinniu. Tickets cost €2 a strip and 3 for €5. Good luck to everyone.
- We will also hold our annual Easter bonnet/tie parade tomorrow. If pupils have made an Easter bonnet/tie from recycled materials they can bring it in to school tomorrow and can show everyone at Cruinniu. If they do not wish to take part that is fine also.
- If you have a Trocaire box at home it can be returned to the school tomorrow where Fr. Arnie will collect it. You can also return them to any church over Easter.
- St. Tola’s will close tomorrow at 12p.m. for our Easter break. School will re-open on Monday 29th April at 9a.m. I wish all pupils, staff and parents a lovely break and let’s hope the weather is kind to us and we can get out and about over Easter.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal