Thursday Note 29th August 2019August 29th, 2019
We hope you had an enjoyable summer and are well rested. A warm welcome to our new parents/guardians who are joining us this year. We hope that your child’s time in St. Tola’s will be most rewarding and that they will progress to the best of their ability in their time in our school. Our news this week is as follows
- We welcome our new Junior Infants as they start their first day in “big” school. We are excited to get to know you and watch as you learn lots of new things and get to make new friends also. Junior Infants will finish each day at 12p.m. for the first two weeks. Please note that the back gate will not be open at this time. Parents may get to the infant classrooms via the playschool door or through the main entrance.
- We are delighted to announce that our long awaited astro turf will be installed at the front of the building over the next few months. We are indebted to EI Electronics who have come on board with us and are sponsoring the astro turf project with us. This development will be on the grassy area in front of 6th class. This will be fenced off while the work is in progress.
- We are sending this out today in hard copy but from next week this note will be emailed. Please find attached the contact sheet. We kindly ask that you fill this in with your details to ensure that we have the most up to date contact information for you.
- The school will be open to receive pupils at 8.35a.m.No responsibility is accepted for pupils for pupils arriving before that time. All pupils assemble in the hall in the morning. Classes will commence at 9a.m. and pupils should arrive no later than this time.
- For pupils from 1st class-6th class classes will end each day at 2.40p.m. Parents who wish to have their children escorted home should make their own arrangement to have them met at the school no later than 2.40p.m. as the school cannot accept responsibility for looking after the children after that time.
- Over the past few years we have invested in lots of books for both Accelerated Reading and Guided Reading. On doing our annual audit over the summer it appears that quite a few books have been mislaid. We would appreciate if you could check at home for any books stamped St. Tolas and return at your earliest convenience.
- We would ask that all book monies due are paid by Friday 6th September or before. The book money covers books, book rental, art & craft, photocopying and pupil personal insurance.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal