Thursday Note 12th September 2019September 12th, 2019
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- Could you please make sure that your child’s jumper and coat is clearly labelled with their name. If a child takes off their jumper/coat it can be difficult to locate the correct owner without a name.
- It’s that time of the year when headlice make an appearance. We would ask that you check your child’s hair weekly and treat if necessary. It is a good idea to let the school know if your child has headlice via a quick phonecall/email to the office and we can alert all pupils in that class to check also. If everyone checks and treats it is simple to eradicate. For treatment options it is advisable to consult your local pharmacist.
- Many pupils completed the summer reading challenge organised by Shannon Library. If your child did this they need to return their completed card and any books to the library in order to get their certificate.
- We have registered with Aldi who are running a rugby promotion at the moment for primary schools. If you are shopping there and can receive stickers we would be grateful if you can allocate them to St. Tola’s. The top prize is €50,000 towards playing facilities in a school. This would be very helpful as when our astro turf is complete we will still need to do some further work on the senior yard.
- Our Mass to celebrate the opening of the school year will take place on Friday 27th September at 11a.m. here in the school hall. Parents and family members are welcome to attend. If it is your wish that your child does not attend this Mass, please let your child’s teacher know or contact the office and alternative arrangements will be put in place for them.
- A meeting for parents only of pupils in 2nd class who are making their First Communion this year will take place in St. Aidan’s school on Thursday 19th September at 7.30p.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal