Thursday Note 26th September 2019September 26th, 2019
We hope this finds you well as we come to the end of September. Our news this week is as follows
- We are continuing to have issues with parking particularly in the morning. Please do not cause an obstruction in the car park. If there are no spaces in the car park please do not just stop and block the entrance. Shannon Gardai have told us it is fine to park on the road as long as you do not cause an obstruction. Some cars are parking up on the footpath and are blocking the access for pedestrians and especially vulnerable road users such as children in buggies. Please leave enough space for pedestrians and wheelchair users to pass in a safe manner on the footpath. We appreciate your co-operation in this matter.
- Our school Mass to celebrate the start of a new school year will take place this Friday at 11a.m. in the hall. Parents and other family members are welcome to attend.
- St. Tola’s will close to all pupils at 12p.m. on Wednesday 2nd October next to facilitate staff in-service.
- Thank you to all the families who have sent in Aldi stickers already for a chance to win €50,000 to upgrade playing facilities. We almost have one poster filled.
- Congratulations to all the pupils who represented the school at the East Clare Cross Country competition in Lee’s Road on Tuesday last. Well done to everyone who ran a great race. A special congrats to Kira in 3rd class who has qualified for the next stage of the competition. Thank you to Ms. O’ Neill, Ms. Burke and Ms. Cleary who brought the pupils to the competition and who trained them over the past few weeks.
- Literacy Lift Off is currently taking place in 2nd class. The pupils are making great strides with reading, writing, word work and oral language development. Keep up the great work in 2nd class!
- If your child has any books from the Accelerated reader programme or guided reading from last year could you please return them. They will be stamped with the school name inside the front cover. We are missing some books and would be delighted to get them back as soon as possible.
- A meeting for parents of 6th class pupils who wish to make Confirmation this year will take place in St. Aidan’s school next Wednesday 2nd October at 7.30p.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal