Thursday Note 10th October 2019October 10th, 2019
We hope you are well. Our news this week is as follows
- Thank you to all the families who supported our Green day last Thursday. It was great to see so many pupils wearing green and supporting the Ireland Rugby team. A total of €291.15 was raised for school funds.
- Can we remind all parents who use the car park to drop off or collect pupils to please exercise caution and patience. Shannon Gardai will be checking the car park on a regular basis. Please do not obstruct the entrance or exit to the car park. If parking on the footpath please leave enough space for buggies or wheelchairs to pass. Clare County Council will be adding a second disabled parking space. Please do not park on these spaces as these are needed for pupils. We all want the car park to be safe for pupils to use. It can be difficult to see small children so please take care.
- The term of office of the current Board of Management will end on 30th November 2019. The Board of Management comprises of eight members, two of which are elected by the parent body. The meeting to hold an election for two parent nominees to the Board of Management will take place on Wed 6th Nov here in the school at 8p.m. The term of the new Board will be from 1st Dec 2019 until 30th Nov 2023. All parents of pupils currently attending the school from Junior infants to 6th class are entitled to be nominated and vote at this meeting but must attend in person to do so. A mother and a father will be elected to the Board of Management as parent nominees at this meeting.
- Well done to our girls’ football team who took part in the Cumann na mBunscoil competition in Ennis last Tuesday. The girls did very well and got to the semi-final. Our boys’ team are taking part in their competition today in Stonehall and we wish them the very best of luck. Thank you to Ms. Vaughan and Ms. Hehir for training the teams and bringing them to the competitions.
- The Parents’ Association are organising a Halloween cake sale here in the school on Thursday 24th October at 1p.m. Donations of cakes and buns would be most welcome. The pupils always enjoy this cake sale.
- If you change your address or phone number during the school year please let the office know so that we can update your contact details.
- St. Tola’s has been informed by the Department of Education and Skills that the teachers will be required to attend in-service training on the revised primary Language Curriculum on 12th November next. The school will be closed to pupils on that day.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal