Thursday Note 24th October 2019October 24th, 2019
We hope you are well as we approach our mid-term break. Our news is as follows
- Thank you to the Parents’ Association who organised our cake sale today. Thank you to all the parents and pupils who baked or donated cakes and buns also. It is greatly appreciated and all funds raised will go to the school.
- Work is continuing on our astro turf at the front of the school. The contractor hopes that it will be completed in the next few weeks. We are really looking forward to being able to use it shortly. Thank you to Shannon Olympic who donated sports equipment to the school recently. It is greatly appreciated.
- A Confirmation preparation Mass for pupils in 6th class who are making Confirmation this year will take place on Sunday next at 11a.m. in Mary Immaculate Church. Pupils wear their school uniforms to this Mass.
- The term of office of the current Board of Management will end on 30th November 2019. The Board of Management comprises of eight members, two of which are elected by the parent body. The meeting to hold an election for two parent nominees to the Board of Management will take place on Wed 6th Nov here in the school at 8p.m. The term of the new Board will be from 1st Dec 2019 until 30th Nov 2023. All parents of pupils currently attending the school from Junior infants to 6th class are entitled to be nominated and vote at this meeting but must attend in person to do so. A mother and a father will be elected to the Board of Management as parent nominees at this meeting.
- Tola’s has been informed by the Department of Education and Skills that the teachers will be required to attend in-service training on the revised primary Language Curriculum on 12th November next. The school will be closed to pupils on that day.
- As we approach Halloween it has become a tradition that pupils may dress up in their Halloween costumes on the day of the mid-term break which is tomorrow Friday. Please make sure that your child has some layers underneath as they will be going outside at breaktimes ( weather permitting). If your child does not wish to dress up that is fine and they can wear their school uniform or tracksuit.
- Tola’s will close for mid-term break tomorrow Friday 25th October and will re-open on Monday 4th November. We wish all pupils and staff a safe Halloween and I hope that you enjoy the break from the school routine next week.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal