Thursday Note 7th November 2019November 7th, 2019
We hope you are well and had an enjoyable mid-term break last week. Our news is as follows
- Thank you to all parents and pupils who supported our cake sale before Halloween. A massive total of €779.20 was raised. Thank you to the Parents’ Association for organising the cake sale.
- Three pupils from 6th class who are members of the Order of Malta gave a presentation today to the pupils in 3rd-6th class on CPR. This initiative is called Adam’s Gift and its aim is to educate and instruct people of all ages in CPR. Well done to our pupils on presenting to their peers.
- The school will close to pupils next Tuesday 12th November as all teachers will be attending training on the revised Primary Language Curriculum.
- Parent/teacher meetings will take place on Wed 20th November and Thursday 21st The times for these meetings went home with your child/children this week. Please note that the school will close at 2.25p.m. on Wed 20th Nov only to facilitate the parent/teacher meetings.
- Mass for pupils making their First Communion this year takes place this Sunday in Mary Immaculate Church at 11a.m. Pupils must wear their school uniforms for this Mass.
- As the weather has got much colder can I please remind parents/guardians to make sure that your child has a coat/jacket with them at school. Please ensure that your child’s name is on the coat.
- Can I remind parents that we have a healthy lunch policy in the school. Lunches should be the correct portion size also for your child. The best drink for school is water as pupils need to keep hydrated during the school day.
- Thank you to all the families who sent in shoe boxes this week. These gifts will be sent off this week along with the boxes from the pupils in St. Patrick’s Comprehensive. This is an incredibly generous donation from the children of Shannon and no doubt it will make a difference this Christmas to children who may not have much.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal