Thursday Note 14th November 2019November 14th, 2019
14th November 2019
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- Parent/teacher meetings will take place next Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. The school will close to pupils at 2.25p.m. on Wednesday only to facilitate the parent/teacher meetings. School will close at the usual time of 2.40p.m. on Thursday next.
- 5th and 6th classes will take part in a Primary Schools science quiz in St. Caimin’s Community school today. We wish the pupils well.
- Shannon Gardai have informed us that they have organised a talk for parents/guardians entitled Children and Access to the Internet in Treacy’s Oakwood Hotel tonight at 8p.m. Please note this talk is for adults only and is not suitable for children. There will be speakers from the Community Policing Unit, Shannon, Garda Specialist Child Interviewers and the Detective Unit. Please see flyer with this newsletter.
- Congratulations to Kira Mannering in 3rd class who represented the school at the Cross Country finals yesterday. Kira ran so well despite the terrible weather conditions and we are all very proud of her. Well done Kira!
- Congratulations to Elizabeth Fanning, Suzanna Kusko and Safa (Rahi) Ahmed who all won prizes in the recent Credit Union Art competition. Well done to you all!
- On behalf of all in the school community I would like to extend our sincere condolences to Edel Halliday and her family on the recent death of her brother Adrian McFadden. Ar Dheis Dé go raibh a anam dilís.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal