Thursday Note 6th February 2020February 6th, 2020
It’s hard to believe we are in February already. Our news this week is as follows
- Our 20k Drop fundraiser officially launched here in the school last Tuesday evening. The show was officially launched by rising local talent singer/songwriter Adam Moloney. We thank Adam and his family for supporting us and we wish him well for the future. We thank our exhibitors and advertisers who joined us on the night also. Tickets are now available for sale in the school office. They cost €20 each or we are offering a special deal of a group/family ticket which guarantees entry for 4 for €50. Tickets are limited so please contact the school office to book yours to avoid disappointment. It promises to be a great night out and you could have the chance to win up to €2500 plus some surprises on the night.
- Well done to our boys indoor hurling team who took part in a blitz in Shannon Leisure Centre on Tuesday last. The boys played great and represented the school very well. Thank you to Ms. Hehir who coached the boys.
- We can’t forget the girls’ indoor camogie team who played their blitz yesterday. Again the girls played really well and did St. Tola’s proud. Thank you to Ms. Kelleher and Ms. Riordan who coached the girls.
- 4th class have been busy over the past few weeks rehearsing their Irish play for Feile Scoil Dramamiochta competition. They will perform in Glór next Tuesday at 12.30p.m. Tickets may be purchased at the door in Glor and cost €5 per family. We wish them all the best. Go n-éirí an t-ádh libh Rang a Ceathair
- The school photographer will be in the school next Thursday 13th February. If you want a photo taken of your child please return the form by Tuesday next to the class teacher or school office. Only Junior Infants and 6th class will have a class photo taken.
- The Parents’ Association are organising a cake sale here in the school next Friday 14th February to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Donations of buns and cakes will be gratefully accepted and the cake sale will start at 1p.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal