Thursday Note 13th February 2020February 13th, 2020
We hope you are well this week as we power through February. Our news is as follows
- Our Parents’ Association have organised a Valentine’s Cake sale which will take place here in the school starting at 1p.m. tomorrow Friday 14th All donations of cakes and buns are gratefully accepted.
- The organisers of the St. Patrick’s day parade are looking for pupils from 4th, 5th or 6th classes to walk in the parade with Atlantic Air Venture. If your child is not taking part in the parade with another club/group they might like to have this experience. If interested contact the school office where we can give you details of who to contact.
- As we celebrated Safer Internet day this week it is good to remind all parents/guardians of the necessity to be vigilant around your child’s internet use. Please be wary of pop ups that can appear when your child is playing games/watching videos. Children can easily click on these and find themselves viewing inappropriate material. Many pupils are also communicating with strangers online and do not know who these people are. For further supports and information for parents please visit webwise.ie According to CybersafeIreland nearly a third of primary school children surveyed have seen material online that has upset them. While most reported their experience to a parent or trusted adult 19 per cent said they had kept it to themselves. It is vital that you as a parent are aware of what your child is doing or viewing while online.
- Congratulations to 4th class who performed their Irish play in Glór theatre on Tuesday last in the Feile Dramaiochta competition. At the time of writing we still did not know if the class have qualified for the next round of the competition. Go n-eiri an t-ádh libh Rang a ceathair.
- The Food Dudes Healthy Eating programme will commence on Monday 25th February in all classes. It is a programme that encourages children to eat more fruit and vegetables both in school and at home. There will be 16 tasting days for Junior Infants to 1st Class and 8 tasting days for 2nd to 6th Class. We hope the children will thoroughly enjoy taking part in Food Dudes.
- Tickets for our 20k Drop fundraiser on 28th Feb in Treacy’s Oakwood Hotel are still available but are selling fast. Tickets cost €20 each or a special group ticket with a heavily discounted price is available to admit 4 for €50. This will be a great night out with the chance to win up to €2500 on the night. Just 8 questions between you and the cash! So gather up a few friends and relations and come along to a highly entertaining and fun filled night out.
- Tola’s will be closed next Thursday20th Feb and Friday 21st Feb for mid-term break. School will re-open again on Monday 24th Feb.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal