Thursday Note 27th February 2020February 27th, 2020
We hope you are well this week as we come to the end of February. Our news is as follows
- Thank you to our Parents’ Association and all parents/guardians who supported our Valentine’s cake sale. A total of €762.82 was raised and it is greatly appreciated.
- There is a change to the Faith Friends programme for pupils in 6th class making Confirmation this year. The programme will take place in St. Senan’s school on Wednesday 4th March next and the following Wednesday 11th March. The programme will run from 7p.m.-8p.m.
- A Mass for 6th pupils making Confirmation will take place this Sunday in Mary Immaculate church at 11a.m. Pupils are required to wear their school uniform to this Mass.
- The Food Dudes programme started last Tuesday here in St Tolas. This is a Department of Education funded initiative to give children the experience of sampling a wide variety of fruit and vegetables to encourage them to make healthy choices in their own lives. Well done to all those who have given it a try this week.
- Shannon Library are holding an open day this Saturday from 10a.m.-12p.m. Why not bring your child along and see what they have to offer. It is free to join the library and they hold regular events such as storytelling, art & craft, author visits etc.
- Our 20k Drop show will take place this Friday night in Treacy’s Oakwood Hotel. It promises to be a great night with eight people selected from the audience to have the chance to win up to €2500. There will also be lots of spot prizes and a few surprises on the night too. There are a few tickets remaining so contact the school office to reserve and you can collect and pay on the door on the night. Tickets cost €20 each or a group of 4 for €50.
- We are also holding an auction on the night with some amazing lots. Included are a signed Ireland rugby jersey, 2 tickets to the Westlife Concert in Cork in August and a number of Four Balls for Ennis, Shannon and Woodstock Golf Clubs.
- Tickets for our grand raffle which will take place on Friday night at the show are now on sale. They are priced at €5 each and 3 for €10 Again we have some amazing prizes and details went home with your child yesterday. We really appreciate all the support you have shown to this and all monies raised will go to benefit the pupils in St Tolas.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal