The FamineMay 28th, 2020
5th class have recently been working on various areas of The Great Potato Famine. As it was an area that interested her, Emilie decided to do a project on the famine. She researched some very interesting facts and information. Take some time to appreciate her hard work. Thanks Emilie and well done!!
Thursday note 28th mayMay 28th, 2020
We hope this finds you well. Our news this week is as follows
- Please check out our website this week at www.tolasns.com Click on latest news to see the most recent uploads. Well done to 4th class who completed projects recently on Bunratty castle. It is lovely to see the creativity in the models you constructed.
- The Shannon branch of the Order of Malta have met in St Tolas for a long number of years. We currently have a number of cadets in our current 6th class. Cadets from all over the country got together virtually to produce a Lámh ( Irish Sign language) version of the song Ireland’s Call. We have uploaded the video to our website also. Can you spot our own Jennifer, Cian and Zusanna as well as a few familiar faces from our past pupils? Well done to all in the Order of Malta.
- Thank you to all the parents/guardians who collected schoolbooks last week. It was lovely to see so many of you in real time. Thank you also to the staff who organised the books, bagged and labelled them and came in to help give them out. It is greatly appreciated. Don’t forget that if you have any question or query for your child’s class teacher you can email them on their individual email and they will reply to you.
- Letters were sent out to parents and pupils in 6th class this week re your child’s education passport. This passport goes to the secondary school your child will be attending in September. The passport consists of your child’s 6th class report, a profile completed by your child and a profile completed by a parent. Please return the two profiles to the school at your earliest convenience as we wish to send them on to the relevant secondary school before the end of June.
- We are scheduled to be off school tomorrow Fri 29th May , Mon ( public holiday) and Tuesday next . Teachers have not assigned work for those days. We hope the weather stays nice and that you and your family get to go out in the sun keeping in mind current restrictions in place to keep us all safe.
Kind regards, Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald
Order of MaltaMay 26th, 2020
Some of our 6th class pupils are members of the Order of Malta. Please click on the link below to their wonderful group sign language performance of ‘Ireland’s Call.
4th Class Bunratty Castle ProjectsMay 25th, 2020
4th Class have been very busy learning all about Ireland in the 18th Century. The children were asked to do a project on Bunratty Castle and asked to present their projects in any form they wished. The creativity of the children was amazing. There was projects done on Minecraft and PowerPoint presentations in addition to these. Well done to you all!
RTE & TG4 Home School Hub Links for week of 25th to 29th MayMay 25th, 2020
Please find below the links for the RTE and TG4 home schooling plan for this week, 25th to 29th May which may be useful to you:
RTE Home School Hub Learning Plan
Here is the schedule for Cula4