Thursday Note 14th May 2020May 14th, 2020
We hope you and your family are well and safe. Our news this week is as follows
- Thank you to all parents who completed our online survey last week. The information provided is very useful for planning and supporting our pupils over the remainder of the school year. Please find a report on the survey results attached.
- From next Mon May 18th some staff will be accessing the school building keeping in mind regulations re social distancing to prepare work for pupils and to collect resources. The phone will also be regularly checked from next Mon. This is subject to moving to the next phase of the health emergency. There should be guidance on this announced tomorrow.
- Following on from our survey it emerged that a number of parents would like access to books and workbooks that are currently in school. We will aim to distribute these next week in a manner that is safe for both staff and parents if we can following current health guidelines. We have contacted Shannon Gardai in relation to this and they are happy for us to proceed as long as we follow strict social distancing guidelines. We will send out details early next week re collection from school.
- Our Community Garda Paul Clancy asked us to distribute guidelines re internet safety for pupils. We have posted these to our website www.tolasns.com and click latest news for details.
- We are now updating our website each week with the RTE hub schedule and TG4 schedule to cut down on the emails we are sending out to you. These can also be found under the latest news tab.
- A huge thank you to all our pupils and staff who sent in pictures of what they miss from St Tolas. Thank you to Ms Hehir who collated all the photos and put together the video montage. It was lovely to see so many pupils and staff. I can’t wait to see everyone again in person – for now stay safe!
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal