Thursday Note 21st May 2020May 21st, 2020
We hope this finds you well. Our news this week is as follows
- As of last Monday 18th May school staff may now access the building for organisation and distribution of remote learning. The advice given to schools is that where possible school staff continue to work from home. The number of staff accessing the building at one time is still limited and strict social distancing and hygiene measures must be followed. If you need to contact your child’s teacher please use the email provided by the teacher. You can contact the school also through the office email at email@example.com We will also now be able to monitor the phone. The number is 061 362894. Please leave a message if it is unattended and we will reply as soon as possible.
- The remaining schoolbooks are being distributed today from 1p.m.-4p.m. The times for pick up are as follows
Pupils whose surnames start with A- G 1p.m.-2p.m.
Pupils whose surnames start with H-O 2p.m.-3p.m.
Pupils whose surnames start with P-Z 3p.m-4p.m.
All books have been bagged and your child’s name is on the bag. For families who ordered photos before the school closure the photos arrived to the school on Tuesday last. We have included these also in your child’s bag. I wish to thank all the school staff who have come into the building over the last few days to organise the books and to the staff who are helping out with the distribution today.
- Make sure you check out our school website regularly under the tab latest news. This week we have some fantastic rockets, new planets and space artwork from 1st Class. 5th class interviewed their grandparents (remotely of course) about their school days. Check out their fascinating answers. Well done 1st class and 5th class!
- We are now putting the RTE Hub schedule and the TG4 schedule for home schooling on the website each Monday so you can see what is on each week for the various class levels.
- The school and the Parents Association are providing class hoodies for 6th class as a momento of their time in St. Tolas. Thank you to all the 6th class parents who have let Ms Kelleher know size/colour choices. The order has now been sent in and we expect to have them back in a few weeks. We will let you know then how we will get them to you. Ms Kelleher and other staff members are also working on organising a graduation for 6th class. Details when all is organised will follow.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal