Thursday Note 22nd OctoberOctober 22nd, 2020
It’s hard to believe we are at the mid term break already. Our news this week is as follows
- Well done to 5th class who made amazing scarecrows this week. We were asked by Shannon Heritage to make a scarecrow for display in Bunratty Folk Park for Halloween. 5th class made 5 scarecrows – one by each pod in the class and the other classes got to vote for their favourite one. This one was collected by Shannon heritage yesterday. Please check out the pictures on the school website at www.tolasns.com. Great work 5th class!
- Over mid-term we will be carrying out additional drainage works and tarmac to the side of the school near 2nd class and near Junior Infants to improve access for everybody. It will be great to get this done before Winter truly sets in.
- As we only received one expression of interest for the parent nominee for the Board of Management there is no need to carry out a ballot. I am delighted to welcome Annmarie Kelly onto the Board as a parent nominee. Annmarie will serve for the remainder of the current term which ends on 30th Nov 2023.
- Well done to 3rd class and 5th class who have taken part in the Banner Challenge over the past few weeks. The pupils had to run/walk 10 km over a few days. They broke it down to 1km a day. 5th class got a medal and cert for their efforts and 3rd class have just completed the challenge today.
- As we have now moved to level 5 Covid 19 restrictions across the country we ask that ALL parents/guardians/childminders wear a mask when on the school grounds – dropping off or collecting. Thank you to everyone who has been wearing the masks the past two days. It is greatly appreciated by all the staff here in St Tola’s.
- We fully expect to re-open after mid-term on 2nd November. However, just in case the public health advice changes all teachers will send home some copies and textbooks over mid-term. This will ensure pupils have some essentials if the guidance around schools staying open changes.
- Pupils may dress up tomorrow in their Halloween costumes if they so wish. Please make sure they are warm and maybe put some layers underneath. We will be going outside if the weather allows at both breaks.
- St Tola’s will close for mid-term tomorrow Fri 23rd Oct at 2.40p.m. The school will re-open on Monday 2nd November at 9a.m. I wish all staff and their families a restful mid-term and I thank all staff members for their dedication and professionalism since we returned to school. It has not been easy getting used to all the necessary changes for the sake of everyone’s health. I also wish all our pupils and their families a lovely mid-term. Thank you for your co-operation with all the new measures put in place. As we are all in Level 5 it will be a different mid-term than usual. Stay safe and keep socially distant. Limit your contacts to your own family bubble. I look forward to seeing everybody when we return on 2nd November.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal