Thursday Note 3rd DecDecember 3rd, 2020
It’s hard to believe that we have reached December already. 2020 has been a challenging year for
everyone. Our news this week is as follows:
• Seadhn Hillary Pharmacy wanted to let us to let you know that they have stocks of the flu vaccine for ages 2-12. This is administered via nasal spray and is free. It can be administered in his pharmacy also.
• We hope that all pupils loved their surprise last week of a selection box. Thank you to the Parents’ Association who funded this treat for every pupil. We hope they all enjoyed it.
• As we move from Level 5 restrictions to Level 3 restrictions we are all asked to keep up our guard with Covid 19. We really appreciate parents/guardians wearing facemasks when dropping off or collecting and would ask that you continue this practise to keep us all safe. If
your child has any Covid like symptoms please keep them at home and check with your G.P before they return to school. We had correspondence from Tusla Education Support Service this week telling us that they are aware that the requirements to adhere to public health
guidelines in relation to Covid-19 symptoms and testing is having a significant impact on attendance rates in general. The advice is if your child has symptoms or has been told to isolate as a result of being a close contact keep them at home. Follow all guidance given either by your G.P or Public health doctors. We really appreciate your support to date with
• The orders for the Christmas annuals have been sent off and as soon as they are delivered to the school we will give them out.
• Due to Covid guidelines we will not be in a position to hold our usual Christmas concerts or carol service this year and invite parent/guardians to attend. We will hold a virtual carol service on 22nd Dec this year and parents/guardians can attend virtually. We will send out details of how to access this event closer to the time.
• A date for your diary – St Tola’s will close for Christmas holidays at 12p.m. on 22nd December.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal