Thursday Note 17th December 2020December 17th, 2020
We hope you are well as we are all on the countdown to the end of this first term. Our news this week is as follows
- A huge thank you to all in our school community who supported Christmas Jumper day last Friday in aid of Laura Lynn Hospice. As a staff we were blown away by the outstanding generosity of our pupils. It was lovely to see everyone in their Christmas jumpers/hats etc A total of €820.00 was raised. A huge thank you to Ms Hehir for promoting this across the school.
- The Parents’ Association have organised a raffle for each class with the prize of a lovely hamper. Thank you to our past pupil Maia Marren O’ Callaghan who has crocheted beautiful Christmas decorations for some of the hampers. Tickets are currently on sale and cost €2 each or 3 for €5 . These can be purchased from your child’s teacher. The draw for each hamper will take place on Tues 22nd Dec.
- Juniors to 2nd class have put together a short performance with a Christmas theme. These are being shared with parents and your class teacher will let you know how this will happen. I had a sneak peek and am so impressed with the great performances. Well done everyone.
- Next Tuesday 22nd Dec we will hold our virtual Carol Service for Covid times. Each class will take part from their own classroom and will have a short performance of a song or poem to share with all. We would like to invite parents to attend virtually also. If you would like to attend please email the office at email@example.com by Monday next at 2p.m. and we will forward the link to you. It doesn’t replace our lovely carol service but we still hope to spread some Christmas cheer before we break up for the holidays.
- A big thank you to Ms Kelly-Ann Brady who finished teaching 3rd class tomorrow. I would like to thank her for all her hard work, dedication, patience and good humour in her time with us here in St Tola’s. I wish her every success for the future. Ms Fleming will return from maternity leave on Monday next and I know she is excited to get to know her new class a little before Christmas.
- As we come to the end of our first term back this school year I would like to sincerely thank all our dedicated and hardworking staff for their commitment to the pupils in our school in difficult and trying times as we all navigate our way through the restrictions imposed by Covid. I would like to thank all our parents/guardians for your understanding and co-operation over the past few months. I would also like to say a huge Go raibh mile maith agat to every single pupil for the way they have handled the changes to school life. I wish every member of our school community a safe, happy and healthy Christmas. We will close for our holidays on Tuesday next 22nd Dec at 12p.m. St Tola’s will re-open to pupils on 6th January at 9a.m. Nollaig faoi mhéin is faoi mhaise daoibh go léir.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal