Thursday Note 4th March 2021March 4th, 2021
We hope this finds you well. Our news this week is as follows
- We are delighted to have our Juniors, Seniors 1st and 2nd classes back to in person learning here in the school this week. It was lovely to see all the smiling faces on Monday morning and to see how delighted everyone was to meet their friends and teachers again. Thank you to all our parents/guardians for your co-operation with our COVID control measures. We appreciate you wearing your facemasks when on the school grounds and maintaining 2m distance from others.
- 2nd class are working so hard and are enjoying being back at school. Today they told me that the best things about being back are seeing your friends, playing in the yard, doing your work, seeing your teacher and NOT doing online work or arguing about it. They also told me that they believe they learn more in school and it is easier to do your work. Keep up the great work 2nd class!
- Seniors went on their Signs of Spring walk yesterday. They saw buds on trees, snowdrops, daffodils and even one purple crocus. They even saw a Dad but we don’t think that is a sign of Spring?!! Seniors are working hard on their narrative story writing too. Well done Seniors!
- Juniors are also loving being back. This week Juniors got to use the playschool outdoor playspace as the playschool isn’t back until next week. Juniors had so much fun doing the obstacle course, playing in the sand and going on the swings. They loved helping each other too in the playspace!
- 1st class are learning how to do explanation writing this week. They are going to write all about eggs and what happens when you cook them. 1st class are enjoying seeing all their friends again and playing in the astro turf.
- Today is World Book day. At 10.15 a.m. here in school all four classes are going to DROP EVERYTHING AND READ for 10 minutes. All the pupils are also designing a book cover. Why don’t you try and read with your child today or chat to then about a book they have enjoyed. To celebrate World Book day 3rd classes are going to dress up as a favourite character from a book on their Zoom link up this week.
- We miss all our pupils and staff from 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th classes. We know they are working hard. We would like to encourage all our senior pupils to keep trying your best. Please let your teacher know if you are having any difficulty. We all hope that you will be back with us here in the building on 15th March. We will have our Cruinniu tomorrow for all pupils. The link will go out to the 3rd-6th class pupils with this newsletter.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal