Thursday Note 24th JuneJune 24th, 2021
It’s hard to believe that we have made it to the end of this extraordinary school year. Our news this week is as follows
- Congratulations to our 6th class pupils who celebrated their graduation from St. Tola’s today. We held the ceremony in the 6th class room with parents and pupils from other classes joining us via Zoom. It is not the way we would have wished it but huge credit to our 6th class pupils who have shown great resilience this year and just did what they have to do. We are so proud of them today and for their years here in St. Tola’s. We hope they will leave our school with many happy memories. I know they will do themselves, their families and St. Tola’s proud as they move onto secondary education. Be kind and try your best always 6th class 2021!!
- Our Quizbrain final will take place today after lunch. We have 6 finalists this year with Jack and Harry representing 4th class and Katie, Edmund, Ethan and Jan representing 6th class. To get to the final they have answered a total of 120 questions in the preliminary rounds, 60 between the 2 semi-finals and will face 50 today over 5 rounds for the final. You have done yourselves proud to get this far and we wish you well. They will have great support from pupils in the other classes who will join them virtually but the cheers and encouragement will be felt by our finalists.
- For the school year 21/22 the teachers have been allocated to the following classes
- Junior Infants Ms Lisa Hackett, Ms Amanda Corry (two Junior classes), Senior Infants TBC,
- 1st Class Ms Lorna O’ Neill, 2nd Class Ms Siobhan Kelleher, 3rd Class TBC, 4th Class TBC,
- 5th Class Ms Maria Hehir, 6th Class TBC
- Special Education Teachers: Ms Edel Halliday, Ms Clare Fitzsimons, Ms Ciara Cleary, Ms Karen Riordan/Ms Diana Fleming (jobsharing), Ms Lorraine Connolly
- Solas Class for pupils with ASD Ms Noreen Vaughan, Multiple Disability Class Ms Fiona Burke
- As you can see we have a number of vacancies and these will be filled over the summer following a recruitment process.
- We extend warm congratulations to Ms Amanda Corry and her fiancé David who will be tying the knot in late July. We wish them a wonderful wedding day and many years of health and happiness ahead.
- I would like to thank all the staff for their dedication, hard work and commitment to the pupils of St. Tola’s throughout this year both in school and during remote learning. The staff have worked extraordinarily hard throughout the year in challenging circumstances and have done so with grace and good humour always. I would also like to thank all parent/guardians for your support and understanding throughout this year too. We know it was difficult and challenging at times for many families and we thank you for the ways you have supported the school. Finally, I would like to thank each and every one of our pupils. You have been magnificent and I am so proud of you and honoured to be your principal. To all in our school community I hope you get a well deserved break over the Summer. Let’s hope we get some nice weather and we can all get outside to enjoy this time of year. Stay safe and mind each other!
- St. Tola’s will close for the summer holidays at 12p.m. tomorrow Friday 25th June and reopen on Monday 30th Aug for the 21/22 school year. Have a great Summer!!!
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal