Thursday Note 9th Sept 2021September 9th, 2021
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
We hope you are keeping well. It has been lovely to have the nice weather this week and let’s hope it remains for the weekend. Our news this week is as follows
- As you are aware we have had a positive case of Covid 19 here in the school. Thank you for all the co operation with the school and the HSE from families who have children isolating. Can I repeat again if your child has any Covid like symptoms please do not send them into school but contact your GP for advice. If your child is sent for a Covid test and tests positive please let the school know as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of cases within schools there is a delay in the HSE contacting schools to let them know. If you contact us directly by phone at 061 362894 between 9a.m. and 3p.m. Monday to Friday or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org at any time (emails will be monitored out of hours) we would greatly appreciate it. This means we can contact the HSE promptly and get the contact tracing process started as soon as possible.
- We wish the pupils in 3rd class who are making First Communion on Saturday all the best. They made their First Confession in Mary Immaculate Church on Monday evening last and we were all so proud of how well they did. First Communion will take place on Saturday at 2p.m. in Mary Immaculate Church. The pupils’ family bubble plus Grandparents can attend and social distancing measures will be implemented in the church. We hope the pupils have an enjoyable and memorable day.
- Our Junior Infants will have a full day from 9a.m.-1.40p.m. from next Monday 13th. We know they will adjust very well to the longer day. They will need a small snack for break and their lunch for lunch time which will be from 12p.m.-12.30p.m. for them from Monday.
- Just a reminder re school uniforms. Pupils must wear their school uniform/tracksuit to school every day. We appreciate your co-operation on this.
- Work has begun on the prefab for our new Multiple Disability class at the side of the school. Fencing has been erected and we expect the work to take a few weeks. The class are currently using the hall and we are all looking forward to the class having their own dedicated classroom.
Kind regards, Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal