Thursday Note 16th Sept 2021September 16th, 2021
We hope you are keeping well this week. Our news is as follows
- Congratulations to the pupils in 3rd class who made their First Communion last week. They were just brilliant and did themselves, their school and their families proud. Thank you to the Parents’ Association who funded a little treat for each child. Thank you to Ms O’ Neill, Ms Clancy and Ms Fitzsimons for all their hard work in preparing the pupils for the ceremony. Thank goodness the weather was kind to us and we hope that each boy and girl have very special memories of their Communion day.
- Our Junior Infants are now doing a full day from last Monday. No doubt there were a few tired pupils this week as all that extra learning requires a lot of energy! They will soon get used to the full infant day.
- Our Junior Infants got to go outside yesterday and look at one of the oak trees behind the school. They saw the oak leaves and acorns. They were spotting the signs of autumn and will keep an eye on this tree throughout the year to see how it grows and changes.
- From next Thursday 23rd September you can order your child’s lunch via The Lunch Bag app. Every pupil will get an intro lunch to bring home on Tues for parents to view. Please note this service is opt in and pupils can continue to bring their packed lunch as usual if they wish. All info was emailed yesterday.
- Rugby- St Senans RFC, based here in Shannon, have a mini rugby program that caters for players (boys and girls) from u6 up to u12 (u12s are children with 2010 DOB for the coming season). They are looking forward to welcoming back existing players & also any new players who would like to play rugby this season and they are back training from Sunday 12th September & every Sunday at 10am and players can come along any weekend from the 12th. Enquires to Niall Dowds 086 8246412/Aaron Diviney 087 2137128.
- Taekwon-Do – Shannon Taekwon-Do offer age specific classes from 6 yrs up and enquiries can be made to Adrian Byrne 087 8259243
- Please make sure your child has a coat coming to school every day. We will be going outside as much as possible at break and lunchtimes in order to ventilate the classrooms. Please make sure your child’s name is on a label on their coat so they do not lose it. We thank you for your co-operation.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal