Thurs Note 11th NovemberNovember 11th, 2021
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- As Covid cases are high in the community we ask that all adults collecting pupils from St. Tolas wear a face mask when on the school grounds or environs. There are larger numbers now at some doors due to the footpath being closed at the moment so it is important to protect everyone that masks are worn. We thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
- The construction of the new prefab for our Multiple Disability class continues at the side of the school. The foundations are going in this week and the contractor hopes to start construction of the prefab next week. A short section of the path has been closed off while the building works are ongoing. Some pupils from Seniors and 2nd class may have to use the entrance beside 1st class while the works are ongoing. We hope they will be completed in a few weeks.
- Clare County Council have informed us today that they will be carrying out works to the footpath on the playschool side of the school. They will do the work in sections to minimise disruption to accessing the school. School staff will be on hand to redirect pupils as necessary to access the school building. Clare County Council expect the work to be completed in a few weeks.
- ‘As part of Science Week 6th class took part in a Zoom lesson entitled ‘May the Force be with You: Caterpillars, Rockets, Trampolines and Sun Sails’ delivered by Dr. John Barry of Munster Technological University. John taught the pupils about the invisible forces on earth including electrostatic forces, gravity and the potential of solar sails to help push satellites into deep space.’ This sounds fascinating.
- Our parent teacher meetings will take place in January again this year. We are awaiting guidance from the Department of Education as to how they proceed. If you wish to speak to your child’s teacher before then please contact the office to arrange a phonecall at a time convenient to both the teacher and yourself.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal