Thursday Note 28th April 2022April 28th, 2022
Welcome to Term 3 in our current school year. I hope you had an enjoyable and fun Easter break. Our news this week is as follows
- We have emailed you a short survey today in relation to our school uniform. We would be grateful if you could complete this as soon as possible to inform our policy into the future.
- Thank you to our Parents’ Association who organised an Easter egg raffle for every class before the holidays. A total of €482 was raised. They also provided every child with a little Easter treat which was distributed on the day of the holidays also.
- A GAA coach will provide a short session to pupils in Juniors, Seniors 1st and 2nd classes every Wednesday for six weeks. The pupils will cover skills in fundamental movements in a fun and age appropriate way. Juniors, Seniors and 1st class started yesterday with 2nd taking part from next week.
- The First Communion ceremony will take place next Saturday in Mary Immaculate Church at 10.30a.m. We wish all our pupils taking part every blessing on their special day. We hope that they and their families have an enjoyable and memorable day marking this milestone.
- St Senans Rugby are offering an 8 week programme for girls from age 8 to 14 starting next Tue 3rd May @ 6.30 to 7.30pm in St. Senan’s Rugby pitch. Cost is 10euro in total for the 8 weeks.
- On behalf of all in the school community I would like to extend sincere sympathies to Edel Halliday and her family on the recent death of her mother Madge McFadden. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam dilís.
- St. Tola’s is closed to pupils next Monday 2nd May as it is a public holiday. St Tola’s will re-open at 9a.m. on Tuesday next. St. Tola’s will be closed to all pupils on Monday 16th May as all staff will be attending in-service training.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal