4th Class School TourJune 21st, 2019
We then went onto Thomond Park where we got to visit the museum, the dressing rooms and even got to go on the pitch. It was a great day out and fun was had by all!
6th Class School TourJune 21st, 2019
6th Class went on their school tour on Wednesday June 19th. Firstly we went to Thomond Park where we did the tour of the museum followed by a video and tour of the dressing rooms and then went pitch-side. We learned lots about Munster Rugby and Home Advantage. After this we went to Fury Virtual Reality Centre where we “Walked the Plank” and played Paintball. On route home we stopped in “Shakin Joes” restaurant for some dinner.
Thursday Note 20th JuneJune 20th, 2019
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- Sport for All day had to be postponed today due to the weather. There have been very heavy showers all morning and the ground is saturated. We have provisionally rescheduled for next Tuesday and will confirm this via text. Let’s hope the weather will be kind to us!!
1st Class School Tour 2019June 19th, 2019
1st Class had a super fun time exploring Bunratty Castle on their school tour last week. We began by getting a guided tour of the castle itself. We then checked out the different houses/cottages. We saw griddle bread being made over a hot plate, met an Irish Wolf hound, visited the post office and sang some songs for the school principal who told us all about the secrets of the fairies. We did a hunt in the fairy village before getting ice cream in the playground. The children even did some dancing (ie – flossing) to a few Irish jigs being played by the local fiddle player. A great day all round!
Thursday Note 13th June 2019June 13th, 2019
We hope you are well as we hurtle through June. Our news this week is as follows
- Our school reports will be posted out next week for all pupils. If you have changed your address and not informed the school office please do so by either ringing 061 362894 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any query in relation to your child’s report your child’s teacher will be happy to discuss this with you. It is a good idea to arrange a time to do so in order to ensure that the teacher is available to meet with you.
- Our annual Sports for All day will take place (weather permitting) next Thurs 20th June. Parents /guardians are welcome to attend. Please note that the school grounds are a no smoking zone. The timetable will be posted around the school on the day. The emphasis for this day is every pupil taking part in a range of physical activities in a fun and enjoyable way. Each pupil will be assigned to a colours team and they can earn points for their team throughout the day. Points will be awarded for winning races/events, excellent participation, positive sporting attitude and being a good team player. We will be keeping a close eye on the weather all next week and hopefully we can go ahead.
- We have been working hard all year to earn our Active School Flag. On Tuesday next the assessors for the flag will visit the school, meet with some of the pupils on the Active school committee and visit classes to see some of our active school initiatives. They will observe a dance break in Juniors, circuit demonstration in the halla, skipping challenge in the yard, athletics demonstration and much more.
- The school calendar for 2019/20 has been approved by the Board of Management. Please find a copy attached to the newsletter today and it will be available on the school website at www.tolasns.com We are returning to school for the new school year on Thurs 29th August.
- It has been a busy week of school tours. 1stand 2nd classes went to Bunratty Folk Park on Tuesday while 5th class took a boat trip to the Cliffs of Moher and Inis Oir. 3rd class went to Thomond Park and bowling on Wednesday while 4th class went to King John’s Castle and Thomond Park today. We hope that all the pupils enjoyed these trips and we thank the teachers and staff for all their hard work organising and accompanying the pupils.
- Our end of year Mass will take place on Friday next 21st June at 11a.m. This will be followed by a graduation ceremony for our current 6th class pupils. We look forward to seeing parents/guardians then.
- Our new Junior Infants will visit the school next Wednesday from 10a.m.-12p.m. We are looking forward to meeting with them and getting to know them as they begin their journey with us here in St. Tola’s. We will also have an induction meeting for parents only of new Junior Infants here in the school next Monday at 7p.m.
- Mary Brown will organise the Sunshine Summer Camp here in St. Tola’s from Mon 8th July to Fri 12th July. Details are going home today. Places must be booked before the end of the current term.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal