Thursday Note 28th April 2016April 28th, 2016
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- Congratulations to the pupils in 6th class who made their Confirmation on Friday last. The ceremony was lovely and the pupils did themselves, their parents and their school proud. Well done to all the pupils in 6th.
- Congratulations to Dylan Coughlan of 6th class who represented St. Tola’s yesterday in the Clare final of the Eason Spelling Bee competition. Dylan did really well and got to the semi-final round. Well done Dylan.
- The Parents’ Association raised €400 in the recent Easter raffle. Thank you to all the parents who continue to support the fundraising efforts of the Parents’ Association. This year the Parents’ Association will donate the funds raised to the school to help offset the cost of the buses for school tours. This will reduce the cost of the school tours for parents and the school really appreciates this.
- The photographer will be here in the school next Thursday 5th May. Forms were sent out last week. If you mislaid your form and you wish to get your child’s photo taken please contact Tracey in the school office in relation to this.
- The Department of Education and Skills have announced plans for a new Language Curriculum in both English and Gaeilge. All schools will have to begin to use this new curriculum from the next school year. To enable schools to become familiar with this new curriculum the Department of Education have sanctioned one closure to pupils before the end of this school year to allow staff to train in this curriculum. St. Tola’s will be closed to pupils on Monday 23rd May to facilitate this training.
- As you are aware next Monday is a public holiday and the school will be closed to pupils. We will re-open on Tuesday at 9a.m. I hope the weather improves and that you have a nice relaxing long weekend.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald,