Thursday Note 9th March 2017March 9th, 2017
We hope you are having a good week as the weather has at last improved and there is a feel of Spring in the air. Our news this week is as follows
- 5th and 6th class had a very interesting workshop in Atlantic Air Venture on Tuesday last. This was part of Engineer’s Week. The pupils really enjoyed the workshop and we thank Atlantic Air Venture for their generosity in inviting the pupils to their premises.
- Well done to the pupil in 4th, 5th and 6th classes who represented St. Tolas at the Peace Proms Concert in UL last Saturday night. The concert was a fantastic experience for the pupils as they got an opportunity to sing with a full orchestra. A special thank you to Ms. Halliday and Ms. Hehir for all their hard work in preparing the pupils for the concert and for accompanying them on the night. Thank you also to Ms. Riordan for all her hard work with the choir.
- Tá Seachtain na Gaeilge ar siúl ag an am seo. Beidh gach rang páirteach i gCruinniú Ghaeilge D e hAoine. Beidh Tráth na gCeist againn do rang a haon go rang a sé De Máirt. (This is seachtain na Gaeilge where we celebrate the Irish language. All classes will perform in Irish at Cruinniu on Friday. 1st-6th classes will have a Quiz as Gaeilge on Tuesday next).
- 1st class visited the library today as part of Seachtain na Gaeilge where they had a storytime as Gaeilge. They really enjoyed this trip.
- We wish 6th class well as they will be performing in Glór in the Munster Drama Finals as Gaeilge on Tuesday next at 10.30a.m. 5th class will go along to support the class. Parents are welcome to attend in Glór and the cost at the door is €5 per family.
- It is a very busy time for 6th class as they have also started Faith Friends on Tuesday last. This is a four week programme run by volunteers from Shannon parish to work with the pupils as they make their Confirmation this year. Our pupils are joined by pupils from St. Senans and Gaelscoil Donncha Rua for Faith Friends.
- The school photographer will be here on Tuesday next. Forms were sent home earlier this week. Pupils having their photo taken should wear their school uniform and tie on Tuesday.
- Can I remind parents again to take due care in the car park. Please note the yellow box is to be kept clear at all times. Cars are not permitted to drop pupils off while in the yellow box. This is the emergency access route for the school and must be kept clear.
- Tola’s will be closed to pupils on Thursday and Friday next as we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. I hope you and your family have a great national holiday. We will re-open as usual on Monday 20th March.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal