Thursday Note 30th MarchMarch 30th, 2017
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- The Ceremony of Light for pupils in 6th class who are making their Confirmation will take place on Monday night in Mary Immaculate Church at 7p.m. We wish the pupils well as they take another step on the road to Confirmation.
- Junior Infants went on a visit to the dentist on Friday last. The pupils have been learning all about the dentist as part of Aistear over the past few weeks. Everyone got to see the dentist’s chair and even have a little try. There are some lovely photos and more information on this visit on the school website at www.tolasns.com
- Shannon Gardai have asked us to let families know that there will be an Open day at Shannon Garda Station on Wednesday, 12th April from 12p.m.-3p.m. There will be station tours, displays from Bunratty Search & Rescue, Order of Malta & the Fire Station as well as a bouncy castle & face painting. All are welcome.
- The Parents’ Association have organised an Easter raffle to take place next Friday 7th April. There will be a prize of a large Easter egg for each class. Tickets cost €2 per strip and 3 for €5.
- If you wish to order photos from the school photographer please return the money and your order by Wednesday next, 5th
- The Scholastic Bookfair will take place in the school from today until Tuesday next. Pupils will get a chance to view the books available for sale today and tomorrow with their classes. Books can be bought on Monday and Tuesday next. Infant parents can view and buy books from 1.40p.m.-2.10p.m. Mon and Tuesday while parents of pupils in all other classes can view and buy from 2.40-3.10p.m.
- The annual Communion breakfast will take place on 6th May after the First Communion ceremony. This is a long standing tradition here in St. Tolas where the parents of the pupils in 3rd class host a cup of tea/coffee for parents and family and a small party for the First Communion children in the school after the communion ceremony. If parents in 3rd can help out either by coming in on the morning and/or making sandwiches/cakes/buns please let Ms. Connolly or Tracey know in the school office and she will pass on your details to the Parents’ Association.
- For the past few years the school has held an Easter Bonnet parade on the day we break up for the Easter holidays. If pupils wish they can design and make their own Easter bonnet/hat or an Easter tie. It must be made from recycled or found materials at home. Over the past few years we have had some amazing creations made from egg cartons, tin foil, cardboard etc. all found at home. If pupils do not wish to take part that is fine also. The Easter Bonnet parade will be held at 11a.m. on 7th April.
- Tola’s will close for the Easter break at 12p.m. on Friday 7th April. School will re-open on Monday 24th April at 9a.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal