Thursday Note 28th February 2019February 28th, 2019
We hope you are enjoying the spell of fine weather we have been having this week as we come to the end of February. Our news this week is as follows
- Thank you to all the parents/guardians who supported our recent cake sale on Valentine’s day. A total of €720.00 was raised for the school. Thank you to the Parents’ Association who organised the cake sale.
- The Peace Proms Concert will take place on this Saturday 2nd March in the Sports Arena at the University of Limerick. Pupils from 3rd-6th classes will represent the school at this event. A huge thank you to all the teachers who have been involved in preparing the pupils over the last few months for this concert and who will give up their time this Saturday to accompany the children at the concert. A very big thank you to Ms. Edel Halliday who co-ordinated the Peace Proms programme in the school this year. We hope that both parents and pupils attending will enjoy the evening.
- A Confirmation preparation Mass will take place on Sunday next 3rd March at 11a.m. in Mary Immaculate Church. Pupils in 6th class who are making their Confirmation in May are expected to attend and must wear their school uniform.
- The Faith Friends programme is continuing in the school for two more Tuesdays from 2.45p.m.-3.30p.m. This is a parish initiative where volunteers from the parish work with pupils from St. Tolas, St. Senans and Gaelscoil Donncha Rua to help deepen the pupils’ understanding of Confirmation. It is a lovely opportunity for the pupils to meet with parish volunteers in this way.
- Thank you to all parents who have sent in stickers from Aldi to date. If you are shopping in Aldi we would appreciate if you can collect the stickers for us. We need 300 to complete the poster and to date we are almost half way. If we collect this amount we will be entered into a draw to win €50,000 to upgrade the sporting facilities in the yard. It would be most usefu All schools who enter will get a rugby sports pack for the school.
- Lent starts next Wednesday 6th March. The annual Trocaire Lenten campaign starts then. Trocaire boxes are going home today and if you would like to take part in this campaign as a family it would be greatly appreciated.
- Pupils from 3rd-6th classes will represent the school at the Sportshall Athletics competition in Corofin next Tuesday. The pupils have been busy training for this event at lunchtimes over the past few weeks and we thank Ms. Lorna O’ Neill who has co-ordinated this event for us. We wish the pupils well in this competition.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal