Thursday Note 21st March 2019March 21st, 2019
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- Dr. Maureen Griffin, a forensic psychologist will visit the school next Tuesday 26th March. She will facilitate a workshop for pupils in 3rd/4th classes and 5th/6th classes in relation to keeping safe online and will present a workshop for parents at 7.30p.m. that evening. There is no charge for this event and we hope that at least one parent from every family will be able to attend. We have extended the invitation for the evening workshop to the other primary schools in Shannon and will welcome parents from other schools also. We would ask that anyone attending books a place either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school office at 061 362894.
- Shannon Resource Centre intend to run a 9 week Rainbows course for children aged 11-13 who have been affected by separation. If you think this would be of benefit to your child please contact the principal for further information. It is hoped to start this course in April.
- Well done to our boys’ and girls’ basketball teams who took part in the Marian Keane basketball competition in Shannon Leisure Centre yesterday. Both teams did fantastic winning some matches. Thank you to Ms. Vaughan and Ms. Fitzsimons for coaching the teams and to Ms. Park for accompanying them yesterday to the blitz.
- As part of the preparation for our Active Schools Flag we have all been busy trying to move more during the school day. All classes took a movement break on Fridays with the 10@10 over the past few weeks. Mike Hickey from Clare Sports Partnership came into the school on Tuesday last to give the basketball teams a coaching session before their big games. Between now and the Easter break every class are going to run laps out in the yard each day to build up stamina and fitness.
- Our Annual Bookfair has arrived!! Pupils will get an opportunity to browse the bookfair with their class over the next two days. Parents of infant pupils may purchase books on Monday and Tuesday next from 1.40p.m. The bookfair will be open for all other pupils and parents after school on Monday and Tuesday next. All pupils received a book token worth €1.50 for World Book Day which may be used against the purchase of any book. There are aslo a selection of bargain books at well reduced prices. The school receives credit for all books sold which can be used to increase our school library books for Accelerated Reading.
- The school photographer will be here on Tuesday next. If you wish to get your child’s photo taken please return the completed form to the office by tomorrow. Please note we only take class group photos of Junior Infants and 6th class.
- GAA coaching with Mark has recommenced on Wednesdays for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th classes. These classes need to wear their school tracksuit and runners on Wednesdays. The other classes have finished their block of coaching for now.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal