Thursday Note 19th September 2019September 19th, 2019
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- Lots of pupils have been busy taking part in trials for the Clare Schools Athletic competition and we now have our team selected. This will take place on Tuesday next in Lee’s road track in Ennis. Thank you to Ms. O’Neill, Ms. Burke & Ms. Cleary who have given up their lunchtimes to train the pupils over the past few weeks. We wish everyone well for this competition.
- Junior Infants received their Hi Viz Vests from the Road Safety Authority this week and have been learning about road safety and also the ‘Safe Cross Code’ song. Well done Junior Infants!
- We have registered with Aldi who are running a rugby promotion at the moment for primary schools. If you are shopping there and can receive stickers we would be grateful if you can allocate them to St. Tola’s. The top prize is €50,000 towards playing facilities in a school. This would be very helpful as when our astro turf is complete we will still need to do some further work on the senior yard. Thank you to everyone who has sent in stickers so far, the pupils have been busy sticking them on to the poster!
- Our Mass to celebrate the opening of the school year will take place on Friday 27th September at 11a.m. here in the school hall. Parents and family members are welcome to attend. If it is your wish that your child does not attend this Mass, please let your child’s teacher know or contact the office and alternative arrangements will be put in place for them.
- A meeting for parents only of pupils in 2nd class who are making their First Communion this year will take place in St. Aidan’s school tonight Thursday 19th September at 7.30p.m.
- Please note that the school will close for all pupils at 12pm on Wednesday 2nd October as staff will be attending an Inservice training session.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal