Thursday Note 19th December 2019December 19th, 2019
We hope you are well this week as we edge closer to our Christmas break. Our news this week is as follows
- What a busy week it has been here in St. Tola’s with our Christmas plays taking place yesterday. It was wonderful to see so many parents, grandparents and family members here to see all the performances. We thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to come along to support the pupils. Well done to every pupil for working so hard on your performances. We had music, song, dance, a few funny moments and amazing performances from everyone. Thank you for all the hard work put in by every staff member over the last few weeks. Well done everyone!
- Thank you to the Parents’ Association for organising the monster raffle at our plays yesterday. Thank you to all the families who supported this fundraising. A total of €1218.79 was raised so a huge thank you for that. Congratulations to our lucky winners. We hope you enjoy your prizes over Christmas.
- Our astro turf is almost completed. The bad weather over the past few weeks has slowed the contractor down but it will be fully finished when we return to school in the new year. We are looking forward to getting to try the astro turf out and putting it to good use.
- Preparation Mass for pupils making their First Communion this year takes place this Sunday 22nd December in Mary Immaculate Church at 11a.m.
- Our annual carol service will take place tomorrow Friday 20th December at 10a.m. Parents and family members are welcome to attend. The carol service is a lovely way to take a little time out to consider the true meaning of Christmas. We hope you can join us.
- St. Tola’s will close tomorrow Friday 20th December at 12p.m. for our Christmas holidays. School will re-open on Monday 6th January at 9a.m. I would like to wish all pupils, parents/guardians and all staff a safe, relaxing, happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Nollaig Shona daoibh go léir!
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal