Thursday Note 29th April 2021April 29th, 2021
We hope you are well and safe. Our news this week is as follows
- The school building is open every morning from 8.45a.m. It is not possible to admit pupils before this time as we do not have supervision until this time. We thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
- The school photographer will visit the school on Tuesday 11th May this year. If you would like to get your child’s photo/family photo taken please return the form by next Thursday 6th May. This is entirely your own choice. Please note that the photographer will be adhering to all Covid guidelines. It will not be possible to lend pupils jumpers/ties for the photo this year as per Covid guidelines on sharing items.
- We have had a lot of issues in recent weeks with the advent of the good weather with young people trespassing on to our astro turf in the evenings or at weekends. The astro turf is locked after school and they are climbing over the fence to gain access. As you are aware the school had to fundraise for this facility and we were greatly helped in this regard by EI. There is an attitude among some of these young people that the astro turf is open to the public. We would greatly appreciate if you know any young people doing this to advise them that we are trying to maintain this facility for the benefit of our pupils and by climbing the fence they are actually trespassing.
- Shannon Family Resource centre have made some online kids yoga sessions available free of charge for families in the community. They can be accessed at this link https://www.shannonfrc.com/online-courses-2021.html
- St. Tola’s is closed to pupils next Monday and Tuesday 3rd and 4th of May. School will re-open on Wednesday 5th May at 9a.m. We hope you have an enjoyable and safe bank holiday weekend.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald Principal