Thursday Note 14th October 2021October 14th, 2021
We hope you are keeping well this week. Our news is as follows
- It’s hard to believe that we will have our mid term break with school finishing next Friday 22nd October and re-opening on Monday 1st November. To celebrate Halloween we will have our annual Halloween dress up on Friday next 22nd October. Pupils may wear their Halloween costumes into school if they wish. If your child is wearing a costume please ensure that they are warm as we will be going outside if possible at breaktimes. If your child does not wish to dress up on this date that is absolutely fine and they wear their school uniform/tracksuit as usual.
- 5th Class will be constructing scarecrows next week. All of the scarecrows made will be displayed in Bunratty Folk Park over the mid-term break. I can’t wait to see what 5th class will produce. Last year we had some amazing creations from the pupils who are now in 6th class!
- We will be accepting applications for enrolment into Junior Infants from next week until 28th January 2022. Applications may be downloaded from our school website at www.tolasns.com or email the office at email@example.com and we will send an application form out to you.
- 2nd class participated in a zoom call this morning with children’s author/illustrator Alan Nolan. The pupils got to make some animal drawings and really enjoyed the session. This event was organised through Shannon Library as part of the Children’s Book Festival.
- We will be taking part in Food Dudes next week in all classes. The idea behind Food Dudes is that pupils will give fruit/veg a try that they may not otherwise do so. Each day pupils will get some fruit/veg to sample. Juniors will get a lunchbox at the end of the week.
- Just a reminder about our school policy re birthday invitations. We ask that you do not send birthday invitations into school to be distributed in the classroom. This can cause upset to those who may not be invited and it can also put pressure on families to have a large birthday party when this may not be possible also. We appreciate your co-operation in this matter.
- Hip Hop Dancing is on in Leisure Centre on Mondays @ 4pm for ages 4 to 8 yrs & 5pm for ages 9 to 12 yrs. 7euro per session. More info if needed from Shelley Naughton Dance Masters School of Dance 086 1703053 or www.dancemasters.ie
- The principal and Deputy principal from St. Patrick’s Comprehensive visited 6th class last Monday to distribute the school prospectus and application from and to answer some questions from the pupils. The school’s Open evening will take place this year online with all information available on their website. This goes live this evening at 6p.m. We expect a visit from St. Caimin’s staff next week.
- Congratulations to Ms Lorraine Connolly on the birth of her new beautiful baby girl yesterday. We are delighted for her and her family and wish them every blessing for the years ahead.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal