Thur NOte 21st OctoberNovember 11th, 2021
We hope you are well as we head towards the mid-term break. Our news this week is as follows
- As tomorrow Friday is the last day before mid-term pupils may, if they wish wear their Halloween costumes to school. Please be mindful that they will be going outside for breaktimes (weather permitting) so please make sure they can move freely, are warm and see where they are going. If your child does not celebrate Halloween or does not wish to dress up that is not a problem and they just wear their school uniform as usual.
- Food Dudes has been taking place all this week in St. Tolas. Every day each pupil has received a portion of fruit and vegetables to taste and try in school. Some pupils have opted to bring them home to try. Well done to all pupils who have given Food Dudes a go. Some pupils have been surprised that they liked some fruit or vegetable when they did taste it. Thank you to Ms Hehir who co-ordinated Food Dudes this year.
- Well done to 5th class who worked together in groups to make some amazing scarecrows this week. You may have seen them on the fence a few mornings this week. The scarecrows from St. Tolas will be displayed in Bunratty Folk Park next week as part of their Halloween celebrations.
- The groundworks for our prefab are currently being done. After mid-term we ask that parents and pupils in Senior Infants and 2nd class and do not use the side entrance beside the oil tank as the path will be temporarily closed. These pupils can come around to the side exit beside 1st class and enter the building through this door. Pupils approaching from Cluain Airne side can use the back gate as usual. We hope the building works will be completed in a few weeks and the path will reopen then.
- St. Senan’s Rugby club have asked us to let you know that registration for new and existing primary players takes place on Sunday 24th October between 10a.m. and 12p.m. at Jimmy Slattery Park. The fee is €40 with reductions for siblings. Please see flyer attached to this email.
- Wolfe Tomes GAA have asked us to let you know that they are organising a Halloween Camp for primary pupils next week on 26th, 27th and 28th October between 10a.m. and 2.30p.m. each day. The cost is €30 per child with reductions for siblings. Please see flyer attached to this email
- St. Tolas will close tomorrow Friday 22nd October at 2.40p.m. for the mid-term break. The school will re-open on Monday 1st November for all pupils. I wish you a safe and relaxing break and thank all pupils, parents and staff members for their co-operation with all Covid guidelines since we returned to school.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal