Thursday Note 9th December 2021December 16th, 2021
We hope you are well. Our news this week is as follows
- As you are aware St Tolas was closed on Tuesday and Wednesday this week due to Storm Barra. Thankfully there was no damage done to the school and we are all back today Thursday 9th December. Thank you for your co-operation in relation to the storm.
- The Christmas annuals have arrived at the school and will be distributed to those who ordered them this week. We hope the children enjoy them.
- Thank you to all pupils in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th classes who are wearing their masks in school. I am so proud of the pupils and how well they are doing. The Department of Education issued further guidance this week in relation to this matter. Pupils do not wear masks outside in the yard. They do not wear masks for P.E or while eating. I have instructed class teachers to take regular mask breaks throughout the day when the class go outside for a couple of minutes to get some fresh air. I would like to thank all parents/guardians also for your co-operation. We all hope this is a temporary measure and there will be no requirement to wear them after the review in February. We all hope the numbers contracting COVID 19 will reduce in the coming weeks. As you are aware the number of primary aged children, including here in St Tolas who have contracted Covid 19 in the past few weeks has been high. Wearing masks is one measure to slow down the transmission of Covid 19.
- The construction of the prefab for our multiple disability class is continuing. Good progress has been made in the past few weeks and we hope this will be completed very shortly. This will be a great space for our Aoibhneas class and I know the pupils and staff are looking forward to getting into their new room!
- 3rd class are working hard on their tin whistle. I had the pleasure of hearing a few bars today! Well done 3rd class – keep up the good work.
- 4th class were making Christmas hats today also. These are turning out really well. All the pupils were really enjoying this. I can’t wait to see the finished hats!
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal