Thursday Note 20th January 2022January 20th, 2022
We hope you are keeping well as we move through January. Our news this week is as follows
- Parent/teacher meetings are scheduled to take place next week. Unfortunately, due to Covid restrictions these meetings will take place via phone. The caller ID will not show on the phone when you receive your call. We also ask that these meetings are confidential and your child does not attend. If you were unable to book a slot via Aladdin contact the school office where we can assist you.
- If there is a positive Covid case in your child’s class we are sending out the link to apply for free antigen tests to the parents of all pupils in the class. This is because the new variant of Covid 19 is more transmissable and it appears to spread more rapidly. We thank all the parents who inform us when their child tests positive so we can alert all families in that class.
- Next week is Catholic Schools week where the theme this year is Living Life to the Full. On Wednesday we will celebrate the gift of grandparents. Grandparents may be very present in pupils’ lives, may live far away or may no longer be with us. We will remember and celebrate all grandparents. Unfortunately, due to current restrictions this celebration will take place in school and we cannot invite anyone in. All classes will be reflecting on the gift of grandparents over the next week and will share a poem or song with other classes at a little ceremony on Wednesday next. We are all looking forward to this.
- Junior Infants are very busy at the moment learning their letters and sounds. This week they are learning the sound ”g”. Lots of great words start with “g” such as Granny, Grandad, green and even Goldilocks! Keep up the great work Juniors!
- Our Solas class have been learning all about lions and cheetahs this week. They have learnt lots of amazing facts and really enjoyed this topic.
- We are currently accepting enrolments for Junior Infants for September 2022. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 28th January. All applicants will be informed by 11th February if their application is successful. If you have a child that you wish to enrol please contact the school office for an enrolment form as soon as possible.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal