Thursday Note 2nd June 2022June 2nd, 2022
Welcome to our last month of the current school year. Its hard to believe that it is June already. Our news this week is as follows
- Yesterday we had a mobile farm visit St. Tolas. We had sheep, a donkey, rabbits, ducks, chickens and hens, kittens, a dog, a pig and a miniature horse all outside in the yard. Every class got an opportunity to visit and to learn about the animals. The excitement was contagious. The pupils were amazing with the animals and we hope they really enjoyed the experience.
- Senior Infants went to Bunratty Castle and Folk on Monday last. They visited the playground, got to see some of the old houses and go inside the castle. They had a wonderful day and were so well behaved when out and about. A lady came over to the teachers to say how kind the pupils were in the playground to her younger child. Well done Seniors!
- Junior Infants are on tour today and have gone to Bunratty Castle and Folk park also. There was great excitement about the visit and going on a bus this morning! We hope they enjoy their day.
- Fourth class are going on tour tomorrow to Craggaunowen. They will have a guided tour and visit a crannog. They will get demonstrations of how wattle and daub was used in the iron age to construct houses and also get to experience some weaving and dying of cloth and wool. We hope they have a lovely day and learn lots of interesting facts.
- Senior Infants have been learning all about taking care of the environment and especially their local community. They have been taking part in the “Picker Pals” programme and getting out and about in their local neighbourhoods and parks picking up litter with their families. Thank you Senior Infants for helping to keep our beautiful town clean so that we can all enjoy it!
- We had a lovely celebration today to mark the opening of our Aoibhneas class and prefab. We are delighted that Mr. Cathal Crowe T.D took time out of his busy schedule to join us in marking this occasion. We were also joined by Deirdre Foley and Elizabeth Breen from the National Council for Special Education and Fiona Eason from Clare Children’s disability Services. Senior Infants provided the music as they sang two beautiful songs. The ribbon was cut by Tyler, Rohaan and Robyn from the Aoibhneas class to mark the official opening of our prefab.
- St. Tolas will be closed next Monday 6th June and Tuesday 7th June to all pupils and staff. The school will re-open on Wednesday 8th June at 9a.m. I hope you all enjoy the long weekend and the weather is nice for it!
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal