Thursday Note 16th June 2022June 20th, 2022
At last the summer weather has arrived and let’s hope it stays for a while! Our news this week is as follows
- We had a wonderful Sport for All day yesterday. The weather was kind to us. In the morning all classes took part in a wide variety of games and activities including the obstacle relay, GAA skills, basketball, musical hoops, parachute activities and/or dodge ball, fun races and dance/yoga. After lunch we had our running races for all classes and it was lovely to see so many of you come along. Throughout the day the pupils were excellent and were so encouraging and supportive of each other. They displayed such a positive sporting attitude. I have no doubt that many pupils (and staff!!!) were very tired yesterday evening after a fun filled day.
- Our Graduation ceremony for 6th class will take place tomorrow in the hall at 11a.m. We cordially invite all 6th class parents/guardians to attend and I know the pupils have been working hard to prepare for this day.
- The end of year school reports will be posted out today. You should receive them either tomorrow or Monday.
- The class allocation for next year is as follows. As the current Juniors are a very large class they will continue to be split into two classes for Senior infants
Junior Infants – Ms Amanda Corry, Senior Infants (Ms Hackett’s class) – TBC,
Senior Infants(Ms Corry’s Class) – Ms Maria Hehir, 1st Class – Ms. Lorna O’ Neill,
2nd Class – Ms Siobhan Kelleher, 3rd Class – Ms. Maeve Clancy, 4th Class – TBC,
5th Class – Ms Lisa Hackett, 6th class – Mr. Gary Tyrell
Solas – Ms Vaughan, Aoibhneas – Ms. Burke
SET Teachers – Ms. Fitzsimons, Ms. Halliday, Ms. Cleary, Ms. Connolly, Ms. Riordan/Ms. Fleming
- A big thank you to Lesley O’ Callaghan who donated a gorgeous balloon arch to mark the celebrations at our opening of our Aoibhneas class recently. It really made the pupils feel very special.
- Thank you to Aercap and staff who made a substantial donation to our Aoibhneas class recently. This money will be used to buy equipment for our sensory room.
- 2nd Class are going on their school tour to Bunratty Folk park tomorrow. 6th class are off to Nevsail in Kilkee for watersports on Monday while 5th class are going there on Tuesday. We hope all the classes have a lovely day and the weather is kind to them.
- All classes are getting an opportunity this week to take part in orienteering around the school. The older pupils are helping out the younger classes. It is lovely to see this co-operation in action. Thank you to Ms Hehir for organising this activity for the pupils.
- After many intense rounds of Quizbrain we have 6 finalists this year. They are Tomás in 6th, Nikola, Jack F, Jack R, Harry and Abaigeal from 5th Class. The final will take place on Wednesday next 22nd @ 1.15pm. We wish all our finalists the best of luck!
- St Tolas will close for summer holidays on Thursday next 23rd June at 12p.m. We thank you for all your support this year and wish pupils, parents and staff a safe and enjoyable summer.
Kind regards, Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal