Thursday Note 22nd Sept 2022September 22nd, 2022
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- For parents of pupils making First Communion next April a meeting will take place in John and Paul Church on Monday October 3rd at 7p.m. Pupils do not attend. The first enrolment Mass for pupils making Communion will take place in Mary Immaculate Church on Sunday 9th October at 11a.m. Pupils will attend this Mass.
- For parents of pupils making Confirmation next May a meeting will take place in John and Paul Church on Tuesday 4th October at 7p.m. Pupils do not need to attend.
- We are delighted to have been one of the schools selected to participate in the Peace Proms programme this year. Due to numbers restrictions we can only involve pupils from 4th– 6th classes. All pupils in these classes will learn the song repertoire over the next few months as part of their music classes. This will culminate in the pupils getting to perform with other schools from the Mid-West in the University of Limerick with the Cross Border Orchestra and a host of well known and talented musicians. The Peace Proms has not taken place over the past few years due to Covid so it is great that this opportunity is available to our pupils again.
- The Cross Country trials have been taking place this week for boys and girls from 1st class up. Training is continuing at lunchtime for the pupils who have been selected for the team. The Cross Country interschools competition will take place in October in Lee’s Road.
- Can you please label all jumpers and coats. On warm days many pupils take off their jumpers and it can be impossible to find who owns which jumper or coat. You can just write your child’s name on the label with a ballpoint pen and that will be sufficient.
- Well done to our Junior Infants who have almost completed their first full week of long days. No doubt some have been tired in the evening! Ms Corry is delighted with the boys and girls who are working very hard this week on their fine motor skills getting ready for writing and their phonological awareness skills which they will need for decoding in reading.
- 1st class have been working very hard too. They have started their reading groups and are working hard at improving their reading. In Art they have been learning about the colour wheel and mixing colours. That sounds like fun!
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, School Principal